Friday, May 16, 2008

Pancakes with Maple Syrup Apples


I've had this recipe for maple syrup apples in my recipe file for quite a while and I finally decided to make it. I hardly ever just like plain pancakes with syrup, so I'm always on the look out for a different fruit topping.

I had some apples in the fridge, so cooked them in the maple syrup, and voila. Instant fruit topping. I didn't have the recommended apples, though, so I tried red delicious. The weren't bad, but they never quite got soft. So, if you want an apple-pie like topping, go with the recommended variety. Also, I didn't make the accompanying pancakes. I made a more point-friendly version instead.

Otherwise, another kind of apple works just fine.

Do you have a favorite fruite topping?

Nutritional Info (for the apples) : 226 calories, 6 grams of fat, 2 grams of fiber

No comments: