Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Soft Scrambled Eggs with Ricotta and Chives


I don't like things to go to waste in my fridge. And it seems like every time I use ricotta cheese for something, it never uses up the entire container. Sure, there's lots of uses for ricotta. For one you can spread it on toast and top it with a tomato and a little salt and pepper.

You can even make a dessert out of it.

Or, you can use it for soft scrambled eggs. The original recipe calls for fresh ricotta, which I'm sure if fabulous. But I really don't have the money or time for that matter to hunt it down. It's not the easiest to find gourmet-type foods in the 'burbs. At least not the burb I live in.

Despite the lack of fresh ricotta, this was fantastic. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it... I like soft scrambled eggs, but with creamy cheese? I wasn't sold on the idea. But now that I've tasted it, yum. It didn't disappoint.

I put it on a slice of homemade whole grain wheat bread and it was tasty and filling. Just what I look for in a breakfast.

Nutritional Info: 399 calories, 22 grams of fat, 1 gram of fiber

No comments: