Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Swap outs gone wild

I "tried" to make a new dish last night. But, I'm not sure it came out how it was supposed to. I probably swapped too many ingredients. The recipe is actually Andouille Sausage and Shrimp with Creole Mustard Sauce. But that's not really what I made.

Instead of andouille, I used light smoked sausage and instead of creole mustard, I used whole grain mustard. Probably not an acceptable swap. But, I couldn't find creole mustard and I had the whole grain mustard on hand. Such is life. I also cut down on the oil just to make the points even lower, although by using light smoked sausage, it's not really a bad-for-you dish to begin with. Sometimes you can find fairly healthy recipes in Bon Appetit. Other times, not so much. Too bad it's the recipes that aren't so much healthy that I love the most.

It was fairly decent but WAY too salty for my tastes. Definitely use a salt-free creole seasoning and low sodium chicken broth (which I did use). The cornbread was really tasty, though. But it's hard to mess up Jiffy. :)

No comments: