Monday, April 2, 2007

Faster than takeout

Tonight I made a Core +1 recipe. Honestly, it can easily be made into a completely Core recipe, and best yet, I had it all on the table in around 20 minutes.

Skillet Stuffed Peppers from Cooking Light really are "superfast." And that's even with making my own mashed potatoes because Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes aren't Core. The reason it's Core +1 is because I topped it with 2 tbsp of Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese rather than fat free or soy cheese. A couple of notes.. don't liberally salt the potatoes and use less sodium taco seasoning. You shouldn't need the whole packet. in my opinion. I used half and it was WAY too salty. I think the cheddar added to the salt. It almost tasted like I had dumped salt on it. Other than that it was a make-again recipe, especially considering it's so quick to make.



Don't believe it's fast? I even had time to make tomorrow's lunch...Vegetable Couscous Salad.

No comments: