Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Busting out the slow cooker

In a previous post I mentioned I am the new proud parent of a 6-quart Crock-Pot. The mother of all Crock-Pots, this thing has a digital timer, and can be programmed. It was my Easter gift from my mom this year. She knows me so well.

I've already made the Roasted Lemon Chicken that I posted about a week or so ago. My latest was a lentil soup. I made soup this week for lunch because I worked all weekend and didn't have time to make something fancy for lunch. I liked that I could chop a few things, toss it in the crock Sunday night and by lunchtime the next day the soup was ready to eat. Even the maintainance man (who came at 8:30 ish when I was in the shower!!) said it smelled good.

It's pretty good. Not the best lentil soup I've ever had, but it does the trick. If using the ham, I would definitely put it in only to warm it up. I put it in at the very beginning and it's like eating dried pellets of ham. Not that appetizing.

No comments: