Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taco Filling

Tacos

My attempts to be "on time" in the morning tiring me out. My body revolts. Or maybe it was the intervals I ran at the gym this afternoon kicking my butt.

Glad I put out a heat and eat dinner.

Because I'm trying to stick to cooking from my freezer, refrigerator and pantry as much as possible, I decided it was a great time to make tacos from the taco filling I had in the freezer.

I love this filling. It's nothing fancy — in fact it's not far from the flavor of the seasoning packet. But, it has TONS less sodium and just tastes more fresh. I always make some with 93/7 ground beef and have some it on hand for soft tacos, nachos, etc. Tonight the filling went into crunchy tacos topped with low fat sour cream, red onion, tomato and lettuce and extra sharp cheddar cheese. Canned organic refried pinto beans on the side.

The entire meal came together really quickly, which is ideal after a tough day at work. And the leftovers will make a great taco salad for lunch tomorrow.

Because dinner was a snap, I even have time for a quick yoga session before the season premier of Biggest Loser. AWESOME.

What's staples do you keep around for heat and eat meals?

No comments: