Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta

Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Romano Pasta

Today's run on the treadmill was actually enjoyable. And, I actually ran a little faster and didn't get winded as quickly. The interval training is definitely helping increase my speed. Unfortunately, I often have just a half hour, so if I'm ever going to actually run a full 5K I have to speed it up some.

I can do it slowly, but I just don't have that kind of time. Apparently, what I'm doing is working.

Plus, I pretty much maintained today even though I ate out all weekend long. I'm getting better at not overeating when I eat out. I've always been a member of the clean plate club to the detriment of my stomach and my waistline. I never liked the feeling of beached whale syndrome (lying belly up on the couch, over full, after a big meal) so I'm not sure why I did it to myself.

Overall a pretty good day on the diet/exercise front.

I also ordered some shoes for my sister's wedding tonight. They aren't half bad. Hopefully she'll like them, too. With shipping they came out to $49 and I was lucky to even see a pair of shoes for $50 and that's without the tax.

Then I came home and made Fresh Tomato, Sausage and Pecorino Pasta. It totally hit the spot. Mmmm.. I love my carbs. My version had turkey sausage and whole wheat pasta, otherwise I stuck to the recipe this time! Not pictured was some roasted asparagus. I bought a 2.5 pound bag at COSTCO a week or so ago and I'm slowly finishing up the last few spears.

Alright, off to start addressing the invites for my sister's bridal shower. They have to go out this week! Eek.

No comments: