Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Steak Quesadillas

Steak Quesadilla

It's not easy to photograph a quesadilla, just thought I'd say that. Anyhow, I opted for another non-Core dinner, tonight, but it's not to difficult to make it almost Core.

This week I'm cleaning out my fridge, freezer, and pantry. I found a top round steak trimmed of any visible fat, some whole wheat tortillas, and a red onion. I also had an extra can of black beans and some tomatoes that didn't get used from last week. So, this quesdilla recipe from Everyday Food was perfect.

As written, the recipe is about 14 points. Which is probably more than most people are willing to spend. To make this more points friendly, try 2% cheese, smaller tortillas, or less meat and more veggies. In the bean salad, use half or a quarter of the avocado instead of a whole avocado.

To make this closer to core, make sure you use ff sour cream and ff cheese or soy cheese.

If you can't find a ff/soy pepper jack you can probably use cheddar, although I might then add part of a fresh jalepeno to add some heat.

Either way, this was a quick, satisfying meal no matter how you choose to make it fit into your plan.

No comments: