Monday, July 14, 2008

Chicken and Basil Stir Fry

Thai Basil Stir Fry

This is not only Core, but it's simple and cheap to make. I always have a variety of bell peppers in my fridge. They're great to munch on raw and are perfect dipped in hummus or guacamole.

Here, they mingle with onion, basil and chicken in the Chicken and Basil Stir Fry from Everyday Food. The cornstarch in the recipe come out to 0 pts. per serving, and unless you're lacking in oils for the day, I would consider cutting back on the oil. I cut 2 tsp. from the recipe and it came through great. And the boyfriend loved it.

On the side, I made steamed potstickers from Trader Joe's. I have made my own potstickers in the past, but honestly, they're not worth the effort.. especially for a weeknight. These were very low in points and just as good as the ones I've made in the past.

I wouldn't say this is the best stir fry I've ever made, but it's simple, easy to make and a great weeknight staple.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious to me!