Friday, February 20, 2009

Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry

Sweet and Sour Pork

I was excited to see the January/February issue of Everyday Food since it's usually an entirely light issue with most everything coming in under 400 calories. But, I’ve been disappointed with a few of the recipes.

For one, the Sweet-and-Sour Pork Stir Fry. I had such high hopes for it. Many of the Everyday Food stir fries are really good. But this one fell short.

The sauce wasn't that flavorful, and it could use more pineapple. Plus, I've found I just really hate frozen broccoli. In all its forms. The pork was good, the peppers were good, but that was about it.

I didn't like this when I made it for dinner and the leftovers were worse. I should have read the comments people made on the recipe. I agree with all of them.. minus the first one that says it's very tasty.

Tasty is not a word I would use to describe this meal. Especially the "very" part.

At least it looked good. It's odd because I’ve been making some good-looking stuff that's gross, but some awful looking stuff that’s to die for.

No comments: