Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pan-Roasted Fish with Burst Tomatoes and Chive Gnocchi

Pan-Roasted Fish with Burst Tomatoes and Chive Gnocchi

They say fish is good for you, so despite the cost I'm trying to eat more of it. And the recipe for Pan-Roasted Fish with Burst Tomatoes and Chive Gnocchi in Everyday with Rachael Ray looked good. I love roasted grape tomatoes and I've never had frozen gnocchi, but wanted to try it because I don't have the time or even a potato masher and I definitely don't have a food mill.

It was all pretty good. The tomatoes were the best part. Roasted in olive oil, garlic and shallots, you couldn't really go wrong there. The gnocchi was good, but homemade is most definitely better. But in a time crunch the frozen will do just fine. And if you don't like fish, this would work well with chicken, too.

Of course, I cut the butter and oil A LOT. Five tablespoons of oil is just not needed. I halved the recipe so I only used a 1/2 tbsp of oil for the tomatoes and 1 tsp of oil and olive oil spray to cook the fish. I cut the butter down to a tablespoon for two servings.

Overall it's pretty tasty. As much as foodies bitch and moan about Rachael Ray, I still like her recipes for the most part and this one in another I'll probably make some variation of some other time.

No comments: