Thursday, September 6, 2007

Herbed Basmati Rice

Herbed Basmati Rice

Sunday's dinner got off to a rough start. I came home from a long day at work and an hour-long weights session at the gym to find that my chicken in the crockpot wasn't holding at warm. It was cold. I immediately blamed DBF for not setting the timer right. But it turned out that we had a power outtage, which reset the entire thing. Turns out the chicken was cooked through, so we took our chances. I served it with Herbed Basmati Rice and Roasted Green Beans.

I apologize for the terrible photo. I really need to find a lighting solution because it's getting darker sooner in the evening. And natural light seems to be the best. The flash just ruins things. And it didn't help that the meal was kind of bland looking.

But it was good, I swear. I had DBF help make the rice and he over peppered it, but otherwise delish. It was a simple way to dress up plain rice and elevate it as a side dish. It's a little high in points at 4 pts per 2/3 cup, but I would say its worth it. Besides, the rice is cooked in stock, which is the best way to eat rice in my opinion.

The rest of the week is up in the air. Tomorrow will probably be meatball subs. Saturday I'll post the week ahead because I actually have a plan for next week. Lots of good food planned. And the Endamame Hummus made it back into the menu. Maybe I'll actually make it. Or maybe not.

No comments: