Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mahi-Mahi Soft Tacos

Mahi-Mahi Tacos

I'm really rested this morning for a change. I helps that I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 just after dinner. I woke up at 11 and went to bed but otherwise slept straight through until just after 6 a.m. I feel great.

Last night's dinner was actually just an egg sandwich. It's all I could handle before passing out. BUT I made these Mahi-Mahi Tacos last Friday. There's no real recipe. It's just Southwest Blend Mrs. Dash rubbed on the mahi mahi and seared. I'm usually not a fan of these seasoning blends, but these were really good! The blend would also be good on chicken, beef and roasted vegetables. I'll probably be using it again.

The real standout was the Pico de Gallo. I made it fresh. I've known how to make fresh salsa like this for years, but I rarely spend the time. In fact, fresh salsa was one of the first things I've ever made. In middle school we had Spanish-themed food days in Spanish class and I brought a fresh salsa from a Weight Watchers cookbook my mom had. It was very much like this Pico de Gallo, but Friday's salsa was a lot better. No question.

What was the first thing you remember making in the kitchen?

On the side was organic canned refried black beans which are not bad for you and surprisingly not horrible. I do prefer to make my own, but these work for nights I just don't feel like it.

No comments: