Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sauteed Chicken with Tomato Relish

Sauteed Chicken with Tomato Relish

Today was absolutely gorgeous. And even though I didn't get to workout this afternoon at work like I originally wanted to, I made up for it by working out outside. My first idea was to walk/jog to the grocery store to pick up capers, but turns out I bought some back when I was staying at my parents and never opened them. In fact, I left them behind. Always nice to know I don't have to spend money. Even if I paid for them to begin with, they were free to me today :)

Then I came home to make Sauteed Chicken with Tomato Relish. It was OK, but it would have been much better with fresh tomatoes. I made it mostly because I was curious about using canned diced tomatoes like this. I've never used them in a relish. And it was better than I was expecting. It helps to use decent diced tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil. I'm planning to plant tomatoes in pots and set them on my mom's deck where it's nice and sunny, so I'll probably try this recipe again this summer with grilled chicken rather than sauteed. Too bad I didn't think of it earlier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, scrumptious!