Sunday, February 24, 2008

Classic White Bread


I have lots of time on the weekend now that I don't have to work two jobs. LOTS of time. And the boyfriend, who's still finishing school, works only the weekends during the day. So, I am alone most of the time, too.

So I make bread. Specifically, this white bread. Because I'm lazy and because I don't own a stand mixer, I use my mom's bread machine the I "borrowed." I use it to knead the dough and let it go through its first rise in the machine. I take it out for the second rise and let it bake in the oven. It's a few more calories than store bought bread, but nothing beats a homemade loaf. And with the help of the bread machine, it's really simple, too.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be doing the Self Challenge. Instead of following the menu suggestions, I'm using the formula to work it into what I already eat. My friends are also doing the challenge, so visit Mia's blog, chubbyjones.com, and Kim's blog, thekimchallenge.wordpress.com.

No comments: