Monday, February 18, 2008

Balsamic and Plum Glazed Pork Chops


I'm not much for winging something. Usually, I need some kind of recipe, rough ingredients list, something. Something more descriptive than a photograph, that is. I often think that makes me a sham of a home cook. My mom didn't need a recipe. She could look in the cupboard and put something on the table. And when she did use a recipe, there were scribbles along side of the page noting the things she changed, which was pretty much all of it. I'm working on being more like that.

In fact, for the first time ever, I made a side dish by simply looking at a photo and it was actually edible. OK, not that couscous with parsley, raisins and almond slices is brain surgery or anything, but I was able to look at the photo, figure out what was in it, and make it.

The best part of this meal, hands down, was definitely the Balsamic-Plum Glazed Pork Chops. It took a little bit of hunting to find plum preserves, but it was worth it.

I'm still proud of the couscous, though!

No comments: