Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cuban-Spiced Chicken Thighs with Chorizo and Rice


Lately I've been pulling out old back issues of magazines and searching for recipes I may have missed the first time around. The January 2007 issue of Bon Appetit was one I reread. In the back I had starred recipes I wanted to try. I made a few back when the issue was new, but many were forgotten about.

I remember seriously wanting to make the Cuban-Spiced Chicken Thighs with Chorizo and Rice. I can't remember why I never made it. Most likely, it had something to do with the chorizo. I couldn't seem to find Spanish-style chorizo. Spanish-style chorizo is fully cooked, unlike Mexican chorizo, which is more like bulk sausage. Uncooked and in casing.

I won't lie, it was a lot of work to get this meal to the table, but it was delicious if I do say so myself. A little on the greasy/heavy side, but good. This meal was a year in the making, but mostly worth the wait.

No comments: