Days like today are exactly why I love fall so much. Sunny and 78 degrees.
My cooking? Not so perfect.
I’ve been absent because I don’t have anything new or tasty to share, honestly. Lots of dishes I’ve made before like vegetarian black bean chili or a riff off these ricotta-stuffed shells with WAY too much fennel seed for my liking.
I also made a pepperoni pizza that was pretty great, but I'm still fussing with the crust recipe.
I guess you could say I’ve been in a cooking funk. Good thing fall is almost here to turn things around.
Anyone else feel like fall is like a renewal? Each new season is like that for me, except winter. I loathe winter. On the other hand, I kind of love the word “loathe.”
So, I guess now is a good time as any to look back on my New Year’s resolutions and check up on my progress, right?
- Continue establishing a healthy routine. I continually struggle with this. I was doing great with exercise and completed my first 5K before I injured myself. Post-injury, exercise and healthy eating have been all over the map. Starting to clean things up though!
- Continue saving. I rock at this. So much so, that I have a hard time parting with my money. You know it’s bad when your mom needs to convince you to buy a necklace.
- Read more. I’m listening to Eclipse on tape.. er.. MP3 player. Does that count? It makes my commute suck less and it was free from the library. See the saving more resolution.
- Try new things outside of my comfort zone. I took the photography class I wanted to take, but had to quit yoga due to my back injury. Sewing classes are still on the list. I should take them before the end of the year. Learning to make a tote bag or an apron would be awesome — and useful.
- Blog more consistently. I try. I will continue to try. Sometimes, even though I want to post more, booting up my home computer after I’ve sat on the computer at work all day is just too hard. Not an excuse. Just saying.
I'll be back tomorrow with an actual recipe!