Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tilapia with Sweet Potatoes and Bacon Sage Breadcrumbs

Tilapia with Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Bacon Sage Breadcrumbs

I can't believe I actually have to go to work tomorrow. But I'm ready, I think. I may take that back by tomorrow night, though! A week and a half has been enough. I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy.

I've had a good break with lots of time spent with my family. I haven't cooked or updated the blog because I was too busy playing Wii, eating junk food and cookies and watching plenty of football. Overall, a nice, relaxing way to wrap up 2009.

Now it's back to the grind and eating like usual.

I started back to normal eating habits this weekend with Tilapia with Sweet Potatoes and Bacon Sage Breadcrumbs. The original recipe from Bon Appetit calls for pancetta, but I used the center cut bacon I had on hand instead. Worked well.

I actually really liked the fish and bread crumbs. Hard to dislike fish seared in butter, right? And the bread crumbs really made this. Yum.

The sweet potatoes could have used some work, though. I ended up adding a little milk to help them mash a little better, but I don't know.. they weren't any special. It tasted great all together, but on their own the potatoes were pretty meh.

Best yet, the calories wasn't bad.. just 439...even with all the butter. The fat was maybe a little high, considering it mostly comes from butter. So if you need to limit saturdated fats you could always try cooking the fish in a healthy oil or even cooking spray.

I know this looks kind of fancy and fussy, but it's totally not. The entire thing took less than 30 minutes, but it does look impressive!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

this looks so good! not fussy at all. lol