Monday, January 29, 2007

The cold is not so much my friend

So...tonight I got this fantastic idea. I should create a food blog. After all, I spend a lot of time reading other people's blogs. All of them have pictures of the food they make and it all looks so good!

I've been posting a long time on the WW message boards. And sometimes, I'll share a menu and someone will say, "That sounds really good." Well now, they can actually SEE it. Well, OK. My plating skills are something to be desired. And I'm certainly NOT a professional cook. I'm a self-taught home cook.

Tonight I made Fresh Totellini with Pancetta and Mushrooms for dinner. I didn't have pancetta so I subbed center cut bacon. That's what happens when you're on a strict food budget.

It looked so good that I thought I should make it my first entry. But my camera's batteries were dead. I ate my dinner and planned to take a picture of the low fat vanilla ice cream and homemade fudge sauce. But by the time I got back from buying batteries.. I was so cold I decided my snack would be hot chocolate:


It's the yummiest 3 pts. ever, and a full dairy serving. If you prefer it to be only 2 pts., you can make it with skim milk. I just prefer 1%.

I'll have a photo of the tortellini tomorrow... it's my dinner for the next few nights. Gotta love cooking for one! Lots of leftovers.




No comments: