Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A post not about food

Dad and the dog
I'm kind of like my parents' dog. I need my exercise. (That's my dad, btw.)

Today SERIOUSLY feels like it's lasting forever and not in a good way. I totally blame the fact that I was at work by 8 a.m. today.

This week has been my start to a self-imposed Operation On-Time for Work Week. I'm not sure why I'm calling it that because it's not like I was ever LATE to work. But whatever.

I'm beginning to think I'm nuts. My body is already confused and revolting against losing an hour and then I go and add insult to injury by forcing myself to get to work half an hour earlier than I usually do. Which, because I'm slow moving and not-a-morning-person-at-all, that means I'm waking up an hour earlier. Net loss = 2 hours.

So why did I decide to come in half an hour earlier? Because the work gym is a madhouse by 5 p.m. and it's MUCH more tolerable at 4:30 p.m. And, I'm really hoping increased exercise helps me sleep better.

So far, it kind of has. Usually I'm a zombie the week following the time change in March. This week I'm only a partial zombie. Definitely an improvement.

I was talking to my dad the other day when I'm realized I'm not all that different from their dog. In order to be able to relax and fall asleep somewhere before 1 a.m. I need to get my energy out. Lately that includes "jogging" (I use the term loosely.. I'm sure there are many who WALK faster than I run) and swimming.

Unfortunately for me, this week is still pretty rough. I would have had a food post today only, I was too pooped to post. Or edit my photos. Or even download from my camera for that matter.

So hopefully I'll have one for tomorrow. Unless I fall asleep at 8 p.m. like I'm an 82-year-old.

No comments: