Sunday, November 16, 2008

Herbed Chicken and Dumplings

chicken and dumplings

This weekend, it actually snowed a bit. Just the occasional flurry, but it was still darn cold. I think the high temp was 38-ish, which isn't that cold considering it usually gets down to the teens by February, but when it was 70 degrees just a couple of weeks ago it feels a little more shocking. One of the bonuses of being at my parents is definitely the fireplace.

So tonight I made Herbed Chicken and Dumplings. It was perfect, even if my dumplings were a bit malformed.

It was a bit fussy -- it took 9 minutes to cook the chicken and veggies, 30 minutes to simmer and then 10 minutes more after the dumplings were added. But that's OK. That's why I made it on a Sunday.

Alongside, I warmed up my favorite frozen whole grain rolls for about 376 calories for the entire meal, or 7 points if you're counting. Definitely worth the effort.

No comments: