Sunday, April 6, 2008

Coq au Vin


On the weekends I love to make meals that take a little more time. On the weekdays I'm so tired and hungry after work that I just really want dinner to be on the table as fast as possible. But the weekends are a different story.

It's much warmer now, but when I made this dish a week or so ago, it was still pretty cold and dreary afternoon. A perfect time for this Coq au Vin.

I have my friend, Laurel, to thank for my coq au vin craving. She was invited to a wedding where it would be served. "It says it has pheasant in it," she said. "That sounds gross."

I told her it probably tasted just like chicken and many of the recipes I saw in magazines just looked like a French chicken stew.

"You'll like it," I assured her. At least I hope so. I do.

What are your favorite slow-cooked weekend meals?

I served this Cooking Light version with whipped mashed potatoes. It was a great slow-cooked Saturday meal.

No comments: