Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Colorful Vegetable Lasagna

Colorful Vegetable Lasagna

I'm often asked how I manage to cook when I'm so busy. It's because I take my nights off to cook something with a lot of servings, like this Colorful Vegetable Lasagna from Cooking Light. It made enough servings that I could eat some and even freeze some for later if I wanted. Lasagna generally isn't a weeknight kind of food, but you can make it on the weekend and it reheats well. I ended up eating it twice a day for four days and I *almost* didn't mind. But it did get kind of old.

I liked it, but didn't love it. I'd be tempted to add some turkey sausage or lean ground beef and try a different marinara. I was just expecting stronger flavors and the tomato sauce was no better than some of the stuff I get out of the jar.

In the end, I think it's worth some tinkering.

No comments: